Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Rebuilding/Modifying a Delta contractor saw model 10 (34-410)

Just got this saw with a 50" Biesemeyer fence and router table insert.  Found this great deal on Craigslist.  When I got this thing hole and powered it on I noticed there was a problem.  The arbor bearings were bad. Took me a few days to figure out a good way to replace those.  Finally I decided to use a bearing puller separator from Harbor Freight.  Not that I wanted to but because they were the only ones that had a tool big enough and long enough to pull them off and pull the new bearing all the way on again.

next up is the mods.

1.  PALS system add-on.
2.  Industrial power switch mod, akin to my drill press.
3.  Built in 12ga extension cord for Table saw and router add-on.
4.  Build on a folding extension table.
5.  Build in dust collection for both router and TS.
6.  Add Industrial switch for router.
7.  Add more drawers for storage.

1.  This Product from In-Line Industries seems like a great idea.

2.  Again I used the switch from a craftsman product.  And to meet electrical requirements I got it out of a matching powered table saw of

Obviously in progress...
As of 12/7/10

No comments: